This is a review for Coloured Raine liquid lipsticks on dark skin. I will be trying out colours that I dont have in my lipstick collection at all. I have 2am, Heart of stone, Ooh La La, Spiked Punch, Cherry Blossom, and Tootsie.
I tried to be brave and buy colours which I wouldn’t usually go for. Stepping out of the box and all of that good stuff.
Imagine my joy when I received an email last Friday from a UK company saying that they will be stocking Coloured Raine Liquid Lipsticks. I actually squealed at work, prompting an amazed look from my colleague that my work was giving me so much joy! Oops!
Coloured Raine do some of the best liquid lipsticks at the moment. Their colours suit everyone from the palest of complexions to the darkest of complexions. They last all day without the need to reapply and the lipsticks are super pigmented. One coat really does do the trick, even if you have dark lips. I think the formula is better than Colourpop liquid lipsticks.
WHY IS THIS GREAT NEWS?
Although Coloured Raine (a US company) do affordable international shipping, it can take up to two weeks before you get your product, due to the shipping and customs. In the past, if you wanted your Coloured Raine lipsticks in a few days, eBay was the other alternative.
However, people were (and still are) selling these lipsticks on eBay for £25 each! One of those moments when you have to look at your screen twice because you are thinking, say what now?! £25 for what?! Is the lipstick made from gold?! When you can buy the lipsticks for $17 / £11.95, someone wants to charge you more than double the price, just because you don’t live in the US. It is not that deep!
The website is www.BeautyBay.com. They sell the Coloured Raine lipsticks for £13.50 which is a good price. Sadly they don’t do Colourpop, so we still have to ship these lipsticks out ourselves using this method: How to ship Colourpop to the UK. Beautybay.com don’t have all the Coloured Raine colours available but they have a large range of colours which is a massive plus. They also have two day free tracked shipping.
Note: Please say a prayer for my bank account because y’all know that my love for liquid lipsticks is borderline unhealthy and ever so slightly obsessive!!!!
The shades Beautybay.com have available are (some might be out of stock):
- 2AM – True jet black.
- Amazing Raine – Bold and vibrant pink with subtle purple undertones.
- Classy – Pink-tinged white.
- Berri Raine – Vibrant violet.
- Cherry Blossom – Muted cherry rouge with pink tones.
- Electric Raine – Bright red with orange undertones.
- Fame – Metallic copper with purple undertones.
- Fete – Deep bright iris purple.
- Mars – Dark green with black undertones.
- Marshmallow – Grey taupe with muted rose pink undertones.
- Raine Fever – Dark amethyst with navy undertones.
- Suede – Glamorous nude with coffee undertones.
- Soul – True concrete grey. (This colour is very similar to ColourPop’s Kapow)
- Sugar – Pale rose pink with creamy nude undertones.
- Suite Raine – True indigo.
- Truffle Raine – Muted mocha with slight grey undertones.
- Vanity Raine – Bold cerise.
- Bachelorette – Dark rose pink with pale chocolate undertones.
- Mary – Metallic burgundy with pink and purple undertones.
- Oooh La La – Vibrant raspberry pink with dark purple undertones.
- Rockstar – Metallic blue with purple undertones and a subtle glitter finish.
- Roulette – Dark rouge with purple undertones.
- Satin Creme – Pale nude with cream undertones.
- Sorbet – Frosty deep strawberry with slight blue undertones.
- Tootsie – Dark chocolate with subtle cherry tones.
- Whatever – True mocha (This colour is a dupe for ColourPop’s Limbo)
These are some colours I have:
HEART OF STONE (LIMITED EDITION)
SPIKED PUNCH (NEW COLOUR)
OOH LA LA LA
What do you guys think? What colours would you like me to try?